Access Statement for the Three Counties Hotel, Hereford
We are a 60 bedroom hotel located approximately 1.5 miles from Hereford City Centre. The hotel is set back from the main A465 Hereford to Abergavenny road, and is in 3.5 acres of landscaped gardens. We offer a large number of free car parking spaces. 28 of our bedrooms are located within the main hotel building and 32 rooms are in a separate annex to the rear of the hotel (garden rooms).
• For assistance prior to arrival please contact the reservations team on 01432 299955 (option 1)
• The City centre is about a 20 minute walk away.
• A bus service (no. 74 to Newton Farm) is available from Hereford Country Bus Station which is a 5 minute walk from the Railway Station. There is also a service from Hereford City Bus Station (no 75 to Belmont) which is a 10-15 minute walk from the railway station. The bus stops are situated about 3-5 minutes on foot from the hotel.
• There is a company who are able to offer accessible taxis, please see the contact information below.
• Our brochures, sample menus and tariffs are available in larger font on request.
• You can contact the hotel by telephone, email, fax or in person. We are open 24 hours although response, e.g. to emails, may be reduced from 11pm to 7am.
• We can assist with local equipment hire if requested.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• All guests should use the main entrance of the hotel located on Belmont Road. There are no steps, the ground is paved and the doors are electronic opening.
• There is a covered porch way for cars located directly outside the main entrance, this is for dropping off and picking up only, cars must not be left unattended.
• The car park is located at the front and rear of the hotel and spaces are also available directly outside the garden rooms.
• There are manual opening double doors (2 sets) into reception from the rear car park – there is a kerb from the car park to the reception doors.
• Our staff will assist with luggage or equipment if required.
Main Entrance & Reception
• There are no steps in the main reception area.
• The front desk is immediately in front of you if you enter the building through the main electronic doors.
• There are a number of sitting areas in the reception area.
• The reception desk is 1080mm high. Registration can be completed whilst sitting in the reception area if required.
• The restaurant is located to the left of reception and there are no steps. • The bar is located to the right of reception, no steps, but 2 sets of internal double doors.
• The main building bedrooms are located to the left of reception, 14 on the ground floor accessible through a set of double doors. The remaining 14 are located on the first floor but we do not have a lift.
• The 32 garden rooms are located in an annex at the rear of the hotel. They can be accessed through double doors to the left of reception out into the car park (kerbs). They can also be accessed by car from the rear car park.
• The floor surface of reception is carpet.
• Familiarisation tours can be given where required.
Public Areas – General (Internal)
• The public telephone is located to the right of reception in the lobby outside the bar.
Public Areas – WC
• There are 2 sets of public toilets, one in the meetings and bar area and one off the reception area near the restaurant.
• There is a unisex accessible toilet located in the meetings and bar area and this toilet provides an emergency alarm cord, non-slip tile floor, vertical rails either side of the toilet and lever taps on the sinks.
Restaurant and Bar
• There is a restaurant situated on the ground floor to the left of reception.
• It has a level entry and has carpeted even flooring over two thirds of the area. The remaining third is located on a raised section of flooring one step up and is divided with balcony style railing.
• There is a selection of different sized tables. Some chairs have arms and some do not. They are all of the same height.
• Breakfast is buffet style for cereals etc and table service for cooked items but table service is available for all if required.
• Dinner is table service only.
• The restaurant is well-lit with a mixture of wall and ceiling lights and some natural daylight.
• The bar is situated on the ground floor to the right of reception through two sets of internal double doors.
• It has level entry and is open plan with carpeted, even flooring.
• There is a selection of bar tables and chairs, a few winged armchairs and Chesterfield style sofas. A few tall bar chairs are located in front of the bar.
• Lighting is a mix of natural daylight from the large windows overlooking the pond and ceiling and wall fittings.
• A laundry and dry cleaning service is offered. Laundry sheets are available in the hotel guest compendium.
• Not Available
• Not Available
• Not Available
Conference & Meeting Rooms
• We have 5 main conference rooms. Three rooms are located on the ground floor and all have level entrances. The 2 larger rooms are accessed through double doors and the smaller one through a single door.
• Lighting is even but can be altered by individual conference organisers in sections if required.
• The other two rooms are located on the first floor accessed from a large staircase – we do not have a lift. Both of the first floor rooms are accessed through single doors.
• There are toilets available between the conference rooms on both floors and the ground floor also has an accessible toilet as per the specification listed above.
• We have two twin-bedded rooms on the ground floor that offer wide doorways, grab rails to the bath, side rails to the toilet and turning space.
• Flooring in the bedroom is short pile carpet.
• Flooring in the bathroom is non-slip vinyl.
• Bedding is non-feather.
• Lighting levels are controllable and reading lamps are provided.
• Non-smoking rooms.
• If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception. The Duty Manager can also be contacted through reception.
• We have a set evacuation procedure – alarm bells are a continuous electronic tone. The assembly point is the car park in front of reception. If necessary, someone will come to your room and assist with evacuation.
• There is a good network coverage for mobile phones within the hotel and average coverage from hotel bedrooms. We believe all networks work.
• Address: Belmont Road, Hereford HR2 7BP
• 01432 299955
• Fax: 01432 275114
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: www.threecountieshotel.co.uk
• Hours of operation: 24 hours
• Emergency number: – 01432 299955
Accessible taxis – Blueline – 0500 574574
Local equipment hire – Chandos Pharmacy – 01432 272065
Local public transport: Bus – 01432 260211 / Train – 0845 606 1660
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01432 299955 or e-mail email@example.com